Friday, August 05, 2011

The Call Has Gone Out

I sent the e-mail last night, asking folks who'd like to get a copy of Game Over from me to please pre-order now. Chances are good that, if you're reading this now, you've already received that e-mail. However, if you didn't, there's still lots of time to let me know that you want one! I'm hoping to get at least 30 pre-orders for this, my first novel, but we're off to a bit of a slow start. That could reflect summer vacations, of course, which is always a risk this time of year. But we'll see how things go next week. And a very big THANK YOU to everyone who's reserved a copy so far... it's much appreciated!

I've come up with what I believe is a better back cover blurb for the book, which I included in the e-mail. For posterity, as well as for the benefit of anyone not receiving that message, here's the latest version:

"A teenager pushed in front of a bus; a dead body in a freezer; a sudden wave of suicides. These are just a few of the inexplicable events Malcolm Greene has to contend with as he struggles to solve a mystery that’s threatening to consume him. The closer he gets to the answer, though, the higher the stakes become and the more Malcolm begins to fear for his own safety… and possibly his sanity, too! Does this self-described flight risk really have what it takes to get to the bottom of this increasingly-dangerous puzzle, or will he decide to get out while the getting’s good?"

That seems a catchier description than what I posted last time.

I've also got a friend working on the front cover for Game Over, and I may show it here prior to the release of the book. Haven't made a firm decision on that front yet. I can say that his early mock ups have elicited a lot of oooh's and ahhh's out of Julie, Vicki and I! So that bodes well for having an eye-catching visual as the face of Game Over.

As of right now, I'm hoping to have copies in hand by the middle of September. Fingers crossed!

No comments: