Thursday, August 25, 2011

Christmas Comes 4 Months Early

OK, so I didn't exactly follow my own game plan, as I decided on Monday to take a risk and order 50 copies of Game Over without first getting a print draft copy of the current version. I know: kind of crazy, eh? (Especially for someone as famously cautious as me!)

Well, those 50 copies took less than 72 hours to print and ship, and they're now sitting on our kitchen table! As far as Vicki and I can tell, they look great! I'm leaning toward distributing them piecemeal, on an adhoc basis rather than doing a big "Book Launch Event", which means that I'll be notifying the pre-order people by e-mail shortly that their book is now ready. Then I'll figure out how to get them handed out.

Should be fun. I can't wait to see how people respond to this, my first ever novel (and yes, I realize it might not be positively.... gulp!)

No comments: